If you ask any freelancer or a remote office worker about their working space, they will say that are tired of the routine. They want an escape by opting for something new which refreshens their mind and improves their productivity. The best solution to this dilemma is to utilise a coworking space.
Even businesses can relocate to a coworking space and say goodbye to expensive commercial offices. There are numerous co working spaces in Islamabad and the rest of Pakistan that deserve your money. Before we talk about these spaces, let’s quickly review the top reasons to select a coworking space.
Benefits of a Coworking Space
We will approach this section from three different perspectives:
- Work-Life Balance: Working from home can be emotionally and physically draining because there is no concept of work-life balance. You are effectively working from the home which makes it difficult to maintain a balance. Not everyone has a house large enough to separate the bedroom and office.
- Improves Productivity: Coworking spaces have top quality furniture, high-speed internet, and other amenities that are must-have for efficient work. You cannot enjoy the same facilities at home without incurring substantial costs. Again, not everyone can afford these upgrades or has the space for them.
- Networking Opportunities: Thirdly, coworking spaces offer an excellent opportunity for freelancers to build relationships with others. You cannot meet new people at home and the internet can only do so much for your networking. So, meeting new people at the coworking space can open up new opportunities.
- Cost-Effective: You cannot invite clients to your home to hold meetings. The alternate is renting a traditional office space, but it is quite expensive. A coworking space has meeting rooms which you can use to hold meetings with clients.
- Improved Work-Life Balance: Just like freelancers, remote workers face challenges in maintaining a work-life balance. Coworking spaces provide a professional work environment which are crucial to maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Access to Amenities: There are numerous studies which show that remote workers face challenges in setting up required facilities for effective remote work. It is why numerous companies offer funds to remote workers to buy the necessary equipment. Coworking spaces offer a wide range of amenities that are pre-requisites for effective remote work. It saves you money, time, and effort of having to set up everything inside your home.
- Social Interaction: Unfortunately, remote and hybrid work increases loneliness. A remote worker remarked “At the end of my workday, I’m still sitting in my bedroom, where I watch Netflix at night”, meaning she feels isolated. It can lead to depression and other mental health challenges. So, working in a coworking space can increase interaction with others. This socialization reduces instance of loneliness.
- Flexibility: A coworking space is flexible. Depending on the requirements, the business can scale it up or down without any hassle. For instance, if you need to accommodate 4 additional workers, you can book four desks or a room. You can easily remove 4 desks from your contract. There is no hassle of a long-term lease.
- Cost-Effective: Undoubtedly, renting a traditional office space is quite expensive. When you add utilities and other expenses, the costs can be quite high. A coworking space is cost-effective. The rent is quite low and there is no need to invest in office furniture or other amenities.
- New Business Opportunities: Within a single coworking space, there are numerous other businesses and startups. You can use this opportunity to establish new links which can lead to new opportunities.
Now, let’s get back to our main topic.
Top 7 Coworking Spaces in Pakistan
These are the top co-working spaces in Pakistan.
- 1. Coco Space (Islamabad)
- 2. The Desk (Islamabad)
- 3. My Work Space (Karachi)
- 4. Kickstart Karachi (Karachi)
- 5. Colabs (Lahore)
- 6. Mangospace (Lahore)
- 7. Beta Coworking Space (Peshawar)
We don’t need to describe the features of each co working space as they are somewhat similar. So, how did we select these coworking spaces?
One consideration is the location. All seven coworking spaces are in close proximity to public transports. It makes them easily accessible. Due to the high petrol prices, using personal transport has become a hassle. So, we thought that it’s best if the co working space is accessible through public transport.
Another consideration is the amenities. All seven spaces offer high-speed internet, special meeting rooms, snacks, central cooling and heating, and spacious parking. Coco Space even offers an activity area which you can use to de-stress. They are board games which you can play or even engage in console gaming.
We did not ignore the security aspect when identifying the top. All seven coworking spaces are open 24/7, meaning they accommodate individuals and businesses with diverse needs. However, it can be a challenge to travel to and from the coworking space late at night. Luckily, all seven coworking spaces are in safe locations. Secondly, they have CCTV coverage and security guards manning the place throughout the day. It ensures your personal safety.
Of course, pricing was another consideration. We can safely say that these coworking spaces are within the budgets of freelancers, remote workers, and businesses. Due to their amenities and other benefits, they are a lot more cost-effective compared to traditional office spaces or working from home.
Furthermore, we did consider the possible networking opportunities. All seven coworking spaces are home to successful freelancers, startups, and businesses. In other words, it will allow you to explore new opportunities. Secondly, with such an environment, your productivity will increase.
Lastly, privacy is a top concern for everyone. The last thing you want is other people poking their nose in your business. Luckily, all seven coworking spaces offer privacy. You can book private rooms while all desks have separators. So, you can work easily without worrying about your privacy.
This concludes our article on the best coworking spaces in Pakistan. Whether you are a freelancer, remote worker, or a business, a co-working space offers numerous benefits to all. We highly recommend that you explore this option as it can open up new opportunities. When finalizing a coworking space, we do recommend exploring all alternatives as it will help you make the best decision.